Monday, February 25, 2013

Where to get information about how to get rid of synthetic products in your home

Ok, that's a very long and boring title for very exciting news. A friend of mine has started a blog about freeing your home from synthetic products that are not good for you. 
I've already written about some related issues, like adobe houses and how to make them starting from some playful brick-making. And I've been meaning to write about some other related topics, like cleaning products, but never got around to do it. So, all this research she has been doing on those products comes in very handy. But I better let her tell you a bit more about it:
"I am launching my blog 'My Chemical-Free House' which helps guide you through the building, renovation or re-decorating of a VOC-free, chemical-free house.
I wanted to put this together as a guide, especially for those who are chemically sensitive or have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. However, it will be useful for anyone wishing to create a healthier environment.

I have done months of research to compile this information for the creation of my own chemical-free house that is going up soon in BC [British Columbia, Canada], and I hope that it can help others with environmental sensitivities to improve their symptoms. It has definitely helped me a lot so far to reduce indoor toxins.

It hasn't been easy to sift through all the information to find out what is really chemical-free and what is simply 'green-washing', that's why I wanted to compile the information and present it in a way that is user-friendly. With each aspect I have also sourced the most affordable options.
The first line of defense against toxic products is information and knowledge. And having someone impartial doing the research for you, makes your life easier. You can check Corinne's blog here

No comments:

Post a Comment